Thursday, December 22, 2011

Time with the baby and other fun

This past week has been busy!  Lots of late nights and early mornings. 
Christmas is almost here and I finally have a handful of presents finished and given to the intended recipients.
Still have a long way to go and am taking it one day at a time.

While Michael is in school, Isaiah and I have had some one on one snuggling and play time.  He has his first teeth and I can see more coming through.  I am trying to get a picture of his new smile, but the little guy is very secretive with his two new pearly whites.  This might take some time!

 We have been to see Santa:


We also had our first ride in the grocery cart sans infant car seat:


The little guy is having so much fun learning about the world we live in!

A few days after our eventful trip to see Santa and shop at Marc's, I needed to pick up some things for gifts that I am making.  I needed spices, and a lot of them.  Have you been shopping lately for kitchen spices?  It is insane how much they want to charge you in the grocery for a tiny little bottle of any given spice!  In keeping with my plight to buy local, I visited the Mediterranean Market in Middleburg Heights.

I love, love, love this store.  Need spices?  Check.  Olive oil?  Check!  Fresh pastries?  Check, check.  The Mediterranean Market has everything, including hot meals made to order.  I cannot believe how much stuff I walked out of there with for the price I paid and the staff is just so friendly.  I have everything that I need to make chai tea kits and some other surprises for over 30 people!  Just thinking about them makes me crave a gyro, ha ha! 

This week has been so hectic and in order to keep awake for everything, I finally tried an iced coffee recipe that I have been dying to make.  Yes.  Iced coffee.  I drink it indoors where it is warm so I do not care that it is December.  The Pioneer Woman said it was delicious so it must be, right?


Right.  It is heaven in a glass. Cheers!  And Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment